Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's been awhile....

So it's been awhile since we have blogged. :) Things have been a little busy around here. I'll give a little recap of what's been going on and then I will post some pictures from the last 4 months!

James had to resign in January from where he has been contracted for the last almost 3 years because they stopped paying him in December. It was a very hard two months but because of great family and friends we made it through until we both got jobs. I went back to Deliverex (the place I had worked before I stopped working 3 years ago) and James got a job doing programming for a company that sells pool supplies. I love being back at Deliverex! The atmosphere is wonderful and my boss is great. James doesn't quite feel the same way about his job but I am so proud of him for sticking with it and doing what he has to do. We are still in our current place but are looking for a place to downsize to in both space wise and money wise. The last four months have been stressful and hard but we are so grateful for all of the blessings we have been given.

Ok on to the pictures... :)

Well... I was hoping we had more pictures of things we have been doing but most of our pictures are of little Miss Alexandra. She is so stinkin' adorable that we can't help but take pictures of her whenever we see her. It's so weird to think what life was like before she was here.


For Christmas we decided to just get each other our yearly ornament for each other and stuff for our stockings. We ended up getting each other the same ornament. James got it for me because I love snowglobes and I got it for him because the smile made me think of him.



We spent Christmas Eve with Nancy, Christmas afternoon with my family and Christmas evening with Perry and Jean. Perry was in the hospital... yuck! This is just a cute picture of James and Alexandra at my parents house.



I turned the big 30 in January. Thanks hunny for the cute blog post and to all of you for the happy birthday wishes. After I got off work we went to my parents house and had a delicious dinner and some yummy chocolate cake and brownies. I love chocolate! It's been almost 3 months since I turned 30 and I am really liking the 30's so far.





Mom and I laughing about something in the kitchen. I have the best mom!!!



A random cute picture of the baby


Haha... my dad wearing the 3D glasses for something during the Superbowl. He retires in a few months... wohoo!



James and Alexandra giggling during the Superbowl. Her smile is so contagious!




Elizabeth let us babysit Alexandra for a few hours one Saturday in February while she went out to lunch with a friend. It was fun. She was hanging out on our bed while she got her diaper changed.




In January we spent a Saturday taking Craig and Suzanne's Engagment pictures. We had fun hanging out with them for the day and taking cute pictures of them. They are a cute couple. This was them at the Sacramento Temple. Isn't Suzanne's shirt super cute?!!




In March Cami and I had a bridal shower for Suzanne. It was lots of fun! I didn't get very many pictures because I was busy doing stuff but James snuck in and snapped a few for me. :) This is us setting up. Everything turned out really pretty. We had a brown and pink color scheme.



You can't see Suzanne in this picture but her arm is the one on the very edge of the left side. Thank you to everyone who came. Also, thank you to my mom, Julie, Elizabeth, Nancy and Jean for all your help. We couldn't have done it without all of you!



One last picture just because it's so darn cute! Elizabeth took this picture of her in her Easter dress. So darn adorable!

Ok I think that about catches everyone up. Thanks to those who kept hounding us about updating. :) I will try and keep the blog more updated.

3 comments:

liz said...

Thanks for updating! Lexi and I are so lucky to have you guys as family! I couldn't have gotten through all of this without you guys....I love reading your blog cuz I can totally hear you talking as I read it. Love you! :P

Christy said...

I loved your update. It looks like your bridal shower was well attended and it looked beautiful. I love Suzanne's shirt too. Her and her soon to be hubby look adorable. I love the pictures. Baby pictures are beautiful too!

Anonymous said...

Alexandra just keeps getting cuter! Elizabeth did good! I can't believe your dad is going to retire soon...what is he going to do?!?
Melissa